The goal of the CAE is to help you develop writing, speaking, reading and listening skills. Our tutors are experts who will help you learn how to learn.
Hours and Locations
While Centennial’s campuses are closed, tutoring is available online using Microsoft Teams. For Summer 2020, online tutoring is available:
|Monday||9:30 am – 7:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 7:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am – 7:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am – 7:30 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||12:30 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Sunday||1:30 pm – 3:30 pm|
Our workshops are small group sessions designed to help you strengthen your speaking, pronunciation and presentation skills. Check our schedule to see workshop availability.
Policies and Guidelines
- For best results, have your course materials available for your appointment.
- Your tutor will speak to you in English.
- Be ready to ask questions and work hard.
- Tutors will work on material related to your Centennial courses.
- Tutoring sessions are NOT replacements for your classes.
- Tutors are going to guide you; they will not do your work for you.
- Tutors will show you how to proofread your papers and assignments.
- You can book up to two (2) one-hour appointments each week.
- You can book unlimited workshops each week.
- Tutors are obligated to report any breach of Centennial’s Academic Honesty Policy including plagiarism.
- Students registered with CALCS may be eligible for additional support, please contact email@example.com for details.
- If you miss your appointment or show up more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be considered “missed.”
- After three (3) missed appointments, you will lose access to tutoring services for the rest of the semester.