Academic English Policies
Policies and Guidelines
- Tutoring sessions are conducted in English.
- Students will identify one topic of focus per session.
- Students will be prepared to actively engage in the session.
- Tutoring is available for the courses you are currently enrolled in.
- Students may book a maximum of two (2) hours of one-on-one tutoring per week.
- Students may book unlimited workshops.
- Drop-ins will be accommodated as tutors’ schedules permit.
- Tutors do not do your homework or assignments.
- Tutoring is not a substitution for your regular classes.
- Students are not guaranteed the same tutor each week.
- Tutors will not assist students who use illegally photocopied textbooks.
- Tutors do not edit or proofread your work, but will gladly show you how.
- Tutors are obligated to report any cheating or unethical behavior.
- If you cannot attend an appointment, you must cancel it 12 hours before the appointment, or it will be marked as "missed."
- If you are late for your appointment by 10 minutes, your appointment will be considered “missed.”
- After two (2) missed appointments, your tutoring privileges will be revoked.
All students must to abide by the Centennial College Student Conduct Policies