Password Change Guides
Our password requirements and conditions include:
- A minimum length of 10 characters
- It must contain both upper and lower case letters (a-z and A-Z), at least one number (0-9) and special character (#*/?$!@), excluding the brackets
- Passwords will expire every 120 days
How to change your Network ID Password (Windows)
1. Log into any college computer that is connected to the College Network with an ethernet cable (please do not use a wireless connection).
2. Once Windows loads to the Desktop, press the "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" keys on the keyboard at the same time.
3. On the screen that appears, select the "Change a password" option.
4. On the next screen, do the following:
- Do not change the "User name" field.
- Enter your current password in the "Old password" field.
- Enter a new password that follows the format and guidelines outlined in the password policy.
- Enter the same new password in the "Confirm password" field.
5. If the new password is accepted by the system, you will see a message saying "Your password has been changed." Click the OK button to return to the desktop,
How to change your Network ID Password (Apple)
Perform this change while connected to the network at Centennial College.
1. Click on the "Apple" logo in the top left corner and select "System Preferences."
2. Click "Users & Groups."
3. Make sure your login ID is the account selected, and click "Change Password."
4. When you are presented with the "Change Password" screen, enter your old password (the password you used to login) then the new password, matching the format and guidelines outlined in the password policy, then click the "Change Password" button. The reset is now complete. Depending on the version of OS you are using, you may or may not receive an immediate change success notification.
5. Log off and back in with the new password to test that the password was successfully changed.
How to change your myCentennial Password
1. Login to myCentennial
2. Click on "My Account" in the top left corner of the webpage.
3. Under the "Change password" section, enter the following:
- Enter your current password in the "Current password" field.
- Enter a new password in the "New password" field that follows the “Password Requirements” outlined on the right of the page.
- Enter the same new password that you just created in the "Confirm password" field.
4. Click "Save Changes" on the bottom right corner of the webpage. You will get a message saying "Your password has been successfully changed," click the "Back to myCentennial Tab"