Graduation Checklist

Are you graduating this semester? We’ve compiled a list of what you need to do to ensure you are ready to graduate.

During your final semester, you must...

  • Run your degree audit to ensure you are meeting all requirements to graduate

  • Apply to graduate online via myCentennial

  • If you are an International Student,

    • Check your study permit expiry – You need a valid study permit when applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), so make sure that your study permit is valid for at least a few months after your last day of classes.

    • Check your passport expiry – Your PGWP cannot be issued beyond your passport expiry date.

  • Clear any outstanding fees (tuition, library fines, etc.)
    You will not be able to graduate unless all fees are paid.

  • Update your personal information on myCentennial

Address Name Email
Your diploma/certificate will be mailed to your permanent address indicated on myCentennial. Make sure all names (first, middle and last names) are spelled correctly. Names shown in your myCentennial account will be printed on your diploma/certificate. Add your personal email so you will not miss essential information from Centennial College and the Alumni Association.
  • Take graduation photos – Students have an opportunity to take formal graduation photos during their final semester. See more details.

  • Visit Career Services – Centennial Career Services can help you with resumé and cover letter writing, job searching, interviewing and much more. To get more information on how to better prepare yourself, you can visit the Career Services page or visit the Career Services office at your campus.

After your final semester, you must...

  • Check your final grades – Did you pass all courses? Check the events page for the grades appeal deadline if you need to file an appeal.

  • If you are an International Student,

    • Apply for your Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) within 90 days from your program completion and while your study permit is valid

    • Update your Social Insurance Number (SIN) after receiving your PGWP – You need to update the expiry date of your SIN once you receive a PGWP. You can do so by visiting a local Service Canada office with your PGWP, passport and SIN.


After you graduate, you should...

  • Attend Convocation – The ceremonies happen every year in the month of June. We will keep you updated on the dates and all the details, so you can join your classmates, friends and family in celebrating your graduation!

  • Keep in touch with other Centennial College graduates through the Alumni Association.