Checklist for International Graduating Students


During your final semester, you must ...

  • Check your study permit expiry
    You need a valid study permit when applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
  • Check your passport expiry
    Your PGWP cannot be issued beyond your passport expiry date.
  • Clear any outstanding fees (tuition, library fines, etc.)
    You will not be able to graduate unless all fees are paid.

Additional Information

  • Run your degree audit to ensure you are meeting all requirements to graduate
    See How to do a Degree Audit for more information.
  • Update your personal information on myCentennial
    Address Name Email
    Your diploma/certificate will be mailed to your permanent address indicated on myCentennial. Make sure all names (first, middle, and last names) are spelled correctly. Names shown in your myCentennial account will be printed on your diploma/certificate. Add your personal email so you will not miss essential information from the College and Alumni Association.
  • Take graduation photos
    Students have an opportunity to take formal graduation photos during their final semester. Visit for details.
  • Visit Career Services
    Centennial Career Services can help you with resume and cover letter writing, job searching, interviewing, and much more.

After your final semester, you must ...

  • Check your final grades
    Did you pass all courses? Check the grades appeal deadline if you need to file an appeal.
  • Apply for your PGWP within 90 days from your program completion and while your study permit is valid
  • Update your Social Insurance Number (SIN) after receiving your PGWP
    You need to update the expiry date of your SIN once you receive a PGWP. You can do so by visiting a local Service Canada office with your PGWP, passport, and SIN.