International Business Management
Program Code: 2859
School: School of Business
Credential: Graduate Certificate
Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
Program Length: 1 year/ 3 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 2280
Centennial College's International Business Management program will allow students to gain the key industry knowledge they need to conduct business on a global scale.
A global perspective on business is unique in that professionals must have knowledge of specialized International Business Management topics such as:
- International business law
- International finance and banking
- International marketing
- International entrepreneurship and innovation
- Global business research and analysis
- International business planning
- Corporate social responsibility and international development
- Business networking
At this School of Business program, these topics will be taught alongside core business courses such as project management and business communications. These courses and concepts will prepare students for success in any international corporate environment.
To ensure students are fully prepared for the field, the International Business Management program will feature a practical approach that includes gaining technical knowledge and skill through hands-on learning.
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|BUSN-702||Employment Preparedness||Progress Campus|
|BUSN-732||Business Communications 1||Progress Campus|
|INTL-701||Global Business Seminars I||Progress Campus|
|INTL-704||Global Logistics||Progress Campus|
|INTL-705||International Business Law||Progress Campus|
|INTL-711||Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Devlopment||Progress Campus|
|INTL-725||Research Methods for Trade and Development||Progress Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|BUSN-733||Business Culture and Craft||Progress Campus|
|INTL-702||International Banking and Finance||Progress Campus|
|INTL-703||Geopolitics of Trade and Development||Progress Campus|
|INTL-706||Global Business Strategy||Progress Campus|
|INTL-710||Corporate Social Responsibility and International Development||Progress Campus|
|INTL-728||Developing an International Business Plan||Progress Campus|
|MKTG-732||International Marketing||Progress Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|BUSN-750||Business - Experiential Learning*||Progress Campus|
- International Business Management program faculty members have extensive experience in international business.
- To ensure that students have the necessary skills for career success in the current environment, there will be an emphasis on the use of computer and Internet technology in performing international business functions.
- An extensive use of case studies, simulations and project-based learning, with a focus on developing project management, teamwork, report writing, and communication and presentation skills will be highlighted.
- Students will gain practical industry experience through the industry project component.
- Students graduating from degree and diploma programs and those in career transition will be able to channel their focus and gain a solid foundation in international business practice in a short period of time.
Global Citizenship and Equity
Centennial College's signature Global Citizenship and Equity office offers many opportunities for students to travel abroad and work with various advocacy groups on development projects. For more information on Global Citizenship and Equity, the GC&E Portfolio and the available supports, please visit www.centennialcollege.ca/citizenshipandequity.
Start with a certificate, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this International Business Management program will have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering universities that are available for this program. Students should note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits, details for which are searchable here.
|Davenport University||Master of Business Administration - Strategic Management Concentration|
|University of Milano-Biococca||MA - International Business Development|
- Entrepreneur in import/export
- Product broker
- International marketing manager
- Foreign investment analyst
- Logistics/transportation manager
- Corporate social responsibility manager
- Commercial banking officer
- Customs broker
- Trade representative
- Business consultant
- University degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline from a recognized institution
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75% complete), and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program
- Proof of English proficiency
- This program is not open to graduates of Centennial's three-year International Business diploma program.
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2015.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|