Practical Nursing Bridging Program for Internationally-Educated Nurses
The Practical Nursing Bridging Program for Internationally-Educated Nurses program is designed as an academic pathway to transfer your skills and nursing knowledge to a Canadian setting.
The program will meet the needs of:
- Internationally-educated nurses who are interested in working as registered practical nurses (RPNs) in Canada;
- RPNs who hold a certificate and wish to upgrade to an Ontario college diploma;
- RPNs who have been out of practice for ten years or less and need a refresher program.
The program’s curriculum is in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Professional Standards and Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Ontario Registered Practical Nurses. It will focus on assisting you to develop your knowledge and critical thinking, communication, teaching and learning, professionalism, advocacy, research and leadership, and ethical-decision making skills — and to apply these skills in acute healthcare settings.
Taking three semesters to complete, including 14 weeks of consolidation experience, the School of Community and Health Studies offering considers your needs so that you may continue with your studies towards a diploma while maintaining your part-time employment and/or personal commitments.
This diploma that results from the Practical Nursing Bridging Program of Internationally-Educated Nurses program may enable you to continue your academic studies at the baccalaureate level.
RPNs with a diploma in practical nursing (with a minimum 3.0 GPA and no failures or repeated courses on their transcripts) may continue their studies at Centennial’s Bridging to University Nursing program and, upon completion of this program, can apply to Ryerson’s post-degree completion program to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- For further details regarding admission requirements to Centennial’s Bridging to University Nursing program, please visit the program website.
- This program is only offered on a full-time basis. If you are interested in taking it on a part-time basis, you will need to speak to the program supervisor.
Fri, 19 December 2014 09:06:00
Wed, 17 December 2014 13:37:00
Mon, 15 December 2014 10:31:00
Fri, 12 December 2014 09:12:00