Technology Foundations (ICET)
Program Code: 3002
School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Program Type: Post-secondary program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 3556
The Technology Foundations (ICET) program at Centennial College is an educational pathway for those interested in attending one of the school's technical programs. Once you finish this technology certificate program, you will meet the academic requirements for other School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science programs.
Successful completion of the Technology Foundations program's courses may also provide you with exemptions for certain courses in some programs, depending upon the grade level you achieve.
To prepare you for entrance into specialized diploma and advanced diploma programs in the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science, this offering helps you develop a thorough understanding of the personal, academic and professional requirements, including skills in:
The Technology Foundations certificate program is geared towards applicants who, for whatever reason, do not meet the regular entrance requirements for Centennial's programs.
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|COMM-142||Foundations 1: Developing College Communications Skills||Progress Campus|
|FNED-195||Occupational Health and Safety Part 1||Progress Campus|
|MATH-101||Mathematics 1||Progress Campus|
|TFE-002||Engineering Principles and Technical Applications||Progress Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|COMM-162||Foundations 2: Building College Communications Skills||Progress Campus|
|FNED-196||Occupational Health and Safety Part 2||Progress Campus|
|MATH-122||Elementary Mathematics II||Progress Campus|
|MATH-154||Microcomputer Applications for Technology A||Progress Campus|
|PHYS-001||Inquiry to Physics||Progress Campus|
- You gain skills by participating in hands-on activities in modern labs.
- The Technology Foundations program equips you with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in a post-secondary program.
- This offering is considered an engineering success program, as it provides you with an opportunity to obtain a minimum of three transfer credits to be used for further study in the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science.
- Architectural Technician program
- Biomedical Engineering Technology program
- Biotechnology or Biotechnology - Advanced program
- Computer Repair and Maintenance program
- Computer Systems Technician or Technology – Networking programs
- Electrical Engineering Technician program
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician or Technology – Automation and Robotics programs
- Electronics Engineering Technician or Technology programs
- Energy Systems Engineering Technician or Technology programs
- Health Informatics Technology program
- Heating/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician program
- Mechanical Engineering Technician or Technology – Design programs
- Mechanical Engineering Technology – Industrial program
- Software Engineering Technician or Technology programs
- Software Engineering Technology – Interactive Gaming program
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature applicant status (19 years or older)
Note: Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the area of information and communication engineering technology (ICET) with scores of 140 or 141 in the Centennial College English Skills Assessment are advised to take this program first, as a pathway to their program of choice.
Applicants cannot apply directly to this Technology Foundations (ICET) program.
This program is an "Alternate Offer" for applicants who apply to, but do not meet admission requirements for a Centennial College post-secondary program in the area of Information and Communication Engineering Technology.
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|