Program code: 2845
School: School of Business
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter
Location: Progress Campus
Tel: 416-289-5000, ext. 2280
Marketers rely on analysts for their insight, to make effective decisions, attract a greater client base and deepen existing client relationships. This reliance indicates the vital role that marketing research plays in managerial decision-making. The Marketing Research & Analytics Graduate Certificate program teaches students the techniques used to datamine and extract valuable knowledge about competitors and customers in a market setting.
Graduates will learn different research methodologies and obtain the skills necessary to conduct effective surveys, statistical analysis and identify industry trends and consumer behaviors. These skills are highly valued by employers because they assist graduates to make better and informed decisions.
The two semester program consists of a mixture of lectures and labs where students are exposed to SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner. In addition, students will be exposed to Environics Analytics Envision software to develop comprehensive profiles of selected target markets. These are leading software solutions used in the Research and Analytics fields.
Graduates of the Marketing Research and Analytics program will receive an Ontario Graduate Certificate from Centennial College, plus Certificates of Recognition from SAS* and Environics Canada.
* completion of the three specified SAS courses in the program will result in a certificate of recognition.
|Semester 1 Courses|
||Business Communications 2
||Marketing Analysis and Planning
||Fundamentals of Marketing Research
||Computer Applications for Marketing Analytics
||Statistics for Marketing Research
|Semester 2 Courses|
||Case Analysis and Marketing Metrics
||Database Mining and Analytics
||Advanced Computer Applications for Marketing Analytics
||Fundamentals of Interactive Marketing
||Research and Analytics - Capstone
||Fundamentals of Project Management
Graduates of this program may work in the following areas:
- Organizations with in-house analytical and research functions, especially those that are mid-to-large sized
- Marketing research firms
- Companies specializing in direct marketing, mobile marketing and e-marketing
- Loyalty program management companies
- Hands-on learning in areas like questionnaire design, data manipulation and quality control, creation of statistical output and development of programs.
- Strong focus on applying marketing research and analytics to strategic marketing decision-making.
- Extensive use of learner-centered approaches such as: case studies, simulations, project-based learning, with a focus on developing project management, teamwork, analytical and report writing and presentation skills.
- Access to full suite of Microsoft products, including: Microsoft CRM, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Training in analytics software including SAS’ Enterprise Miner and Environics Analytics’ ENVISION.
- In the second semester, students develop and implement a capstone project that integrates and applies their learning.
- Excellent employment prospects for research and analytical marketing professionals
Is this Program Right for You?
Qualified graduates may be eligible to participate in an articulated program with selected universities, institutes and professional associations. These partnerships allow graduates to apply academic credit towards further study.
Our partner is:
If these words describe you, the Marketing-Research & Analytics Graduate Certificate program may be your route to career success:
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and computers
- Analytical with strong numeracy skills
- Innovative problem solver, self-directed with strong attention to detail
- Highly-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, innovative problem solver, who works well in a dynamic environment
- Thrive under pressure and can meet deadlines
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in any discipline.
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75% complete), and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program.
Graduates of this program are prepared to work as:
- Marketing Research Analysts
- Web Marketing Analysts
- CRM Analysts
- Direct Response Analysts
- Online Marketing Analysts
- Data and Analytics Specialists
- Business Analytics Specialists
- Loyalty Program Analysts
- Sales Data Analysts
- Marketing Strategy Analysts