Program code: 2845
School: School of Business
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter
Location: Progress Campus
Tel: 416-289-5000, ext. 2280
Marketers rely on analysts for their insight, to make effective decisions, attract a greater client base and deepen existing client relationships. This reliance indicates the vital role that marketing research plays in managerial decision-making. The Marketing Research & Analytics Graduate Certificate program teaches students the techniques used to datamine and extract valuable knowledge about competitors and customers in a market setting.
Graduates of this program will learn different research methods and obtain the expertise necessary for creating effective surveys, statistical analysis, industry trends and consumer behaviour. These skills are highly valued by employers because of their propensity for making better and informed decisions.
The two semester program consists of a mixture of lectures and labs where students are exposed to SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner. These are leading software solutions used in the Research and Analytics fields.
Upon completion of the three specified SAS courses, students will receive a certificate of recognition.
|Semester 1 Courses|
||Business Communications 2
||Marketing Analysis and Planning
||Fundamentals of Marketing Research
||Computer Applications for Marketing Analytics
||Statistics for Marketing Research
|Semester 2 Courses|
||Case Analysis and Marketing Metrics
||Database Mining and Analytics
||Advanced Computer Applications for Marketing Analytics
||Fundamentals of Interactive Marketing
||Research and Analytics - Capstone
||Fundamentals of Project Management
Graduates of this program may work in the following areas:
- Organizations with in-house analytical and research functions, especially those that are mid-to-large sized
- Marketing research firms
- Companies specializing in direct marketing, mobile marketing and e-marketing
- Loyalty program management companies
- Hands-on learning in areas like questionnaire design, data manipulation and quality control, creation of statistical output and development of programs.
- Strong focus on applying marketing research and analytics to strategic marketing decision-making.
- Extensive use of learner-centered approaches such as: case studies, simulations, project-based learning, with a focus on developing project management, teamwork, analytical and report writing and presentation skills.
- Access to full suite of Microsoft products, including: Microsoft CRM, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Training in analytics software including SAS’ Enterprise Miner and Environics Analytics’ ENVISION.
- In the second semester, students develop and implement a capstone project that integrates and applies their learning.
- Excellent employment prospects for research and analytical marketing professionals
Is this Program Right for You?
Qualified graduates may be eligible to participate in an articulated program with selected universities, institutes and professional associations. These partnerships allow graduates to apply academic credit towards further study.
Our partner is:
If these words describe you, the Marketing-Research & Analytics Graduate Certificate program may be your route to career success:
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and computers
- Analytical with strong numeracy skills
- Innovative problem solver, self-directed with strong attention to detail
- Highly-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, innovative problem solver, who works well in a dynamic environment
- Thrive under pressure and can meet deadlines
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline.
- We will consider applicants with partial post-secondary and relevant work experience (transcript and resume review is required)
Graduates of this program are prepared to work as:
- Marketing Research Analysts
- Web Marketing Analysts
- CRM Analysts
- Direct Response Analysts
- Online Marketing Analysts
- Data and Analytics Specialists
- Business Analytics Specialists
- Loyalty Program Analysts
- Sales Data Analysts
- Marketing Strategy Analysts