Advertising - Creative & Digital Strategy
Program Code: 6425
School: School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design
Credential: Graduate Certificate
Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall
Location: Story Arts Centre
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 5100
The Advertising - Creative and Digital Strategy program addresses the high demand for creators in the digital field of advertising and marketing, which is growing faster than all other areas in this industry.
The Advertising - Creative and Digital Strategy graduate certificate program at the Story Arts Centre in Toronto, blends Centennial College's experience in advertising and digital media with our strengths in business and marketing. The program focuses on helping you create engaging digital experiences built on solid creative strategy. You become immersed in the digital field and learn the process required for developing breakthrough creative advertising campaigns.
Through your courses, you acquire the necessary skills in creative strategies, writing, developing creative concepts, art direction, collaboration, presenting skills and entrepreneurialism. During a field placement, which is part of the second semester, Creative and Digital Strategy students take part in team assignments, working in a collaborative environment that mimics the real world.
Further, you learn new technologies and platforms that keep you informed about recent innovations in the digital creative field.
The program focuses on five key areas:
- Creative strategy: to ensure advertising meets clients' business objectives
- Digital storytelling: to build on the power of storytelling in developing impactful creative advertising
- Brand engagement: to create strong connections with consumers
- Entrepreneurship: to foster key business skills that encourage innovation and risk-taking
- Emerging platforms: to ensure you are up-to-date on the latest in digital technology impacting the advertising industry
In this program, you:
- Gain an understanding of the digital creation process from a creative director's point of view
- Learn how to craft a creative digital strategy that delivers results
- Develop a strong portfolio and case studies for prospective employers
- Enhance presentation skills to help sell ideas
- Understand the impact of technology on creative development
- Foster digital storytelling skills to bring brands to life online
- Analyze and solve business and marketing challenges for clients by applying innovative creative and digital techniques
- Complement in-class education with a field placement that will provide the opportunity to work in the industry and hone skills
Please note: This program requires you to have and use a mobile computing device (i.e. laptop, tablet) that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware requirements. For more information, please visit storyartscentre.info/mobile-learning.
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|ADCS-700||Intro to Advertising and Marketing||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-701||Digital Design||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-702||Introduction to Creative Strategy||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-703||Digital Writing||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-704||Introduction to Creative Software||Story Arts Centre|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|AAM-799||Storyworks||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-720||Creative Career Management||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-721||Creative Entrepreneurship||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-722||Digital Presentation||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-723||The Digital Ecosystem||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-724||Prototyping and Research||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-725||Collaboration||Story Arts Centre|
|ADCS-750||Field Placement||Story Arts Centre|
- This Creative and Digital Strategy program gives you the opportunity to turn a degree or diploma into an exciting career in a growing field in the advertising industry.
- You learn how to create digitally-centric creative portfolio pieces using current industry design and writing standards.
- Faculty members have extensive industry experience and can help you connect to the industry by tapping into their personal networks.
- The program is offered at the Story Arts Centre, which is about 15 minutes from most advertising and digital marketing agencies in Toronto.
- At the Story Arts Centre, there are numerous opportunities to collaborate with students in a range of other marketing and communications-focused programs to enhance the learning experience.
- Digital art director
- Digital designer
- Digital writer
- Information architect
- Digital strategist
- Content strategist
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education (minimum two years) and have relevant work experience
All candidates must attend a mandatory Creative and Digital Strategy program admission session, where they will:
- Complete a questionnaire to help us assess suitability for the program and industry
- Complete a writing assignment
- Submit an up-to-date resumé
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter advising how to book the program admission session.
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.