The Massage Therapy program at Centennial College is industry-approved to provide you with the fundamentals of massage therapy skills while also emphasizing critical thinking, rehabilitation and business management.
Recognized as distinctive and rigorous, the School of Community and Health Studies-facilitated offering will combine theory and practical application in well-established, on-site clinics as well as outreach opportunities with a wide range of clients. The Massage Therapy program will especially focus on teaching you the proper assessment and hands-on treatment of the muscles, fascia and joints of the body to improve or maintain physical health, function and mobility.
During your time in the Massage Therapy program, you will:
- Learn and implement a variety of techniques including: Swedish massage, facial and rhythmic techniques, trigger point therapy, joint mobilization, remedial exercise, stretching techniques, and a variety of hydrotherapy applications;
- Develop an expertise in dealing with patients seeking relief from a variety of conditions affecting their health and well-being;
- Build your business and research skills to prepare for a launching a successful business and to advance in the profession of massage therapy;
- Complement your in-class education with clinical placements that will increase your skills as you work with clients from the community;
- Gain the skills to prepare you for your entrance entry-to-practice exams after graduation.
Massage has long been regarded worldwide as an optimal alternative therapy. It is increasingly recognized as an important avenue of rehabilitation for people recovering from surgery, sports injuries and motor vehicle accidents. With our bodies housing more than 600 muscles and being subjected to constant stress causing injuries, dysfunction and disease, massage therapy treatment can help physical ability and quality of life. As such, you will be prepared for the broad range of career possibilities that exist for massage therapists.
Please note: It is possible to complete this program in a shorter period of time by attending school in the fall, winter and summer semesters.
Tue, 09 June 2015 11:32:00
Fri, 13 March 2015 09:53:00
Wed, 04 March 2015 10:16:00
Mon, 24 March 2014 08:03:00