Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The Advertising Account Management program will prepare you for a successful career in the client service area of the advertising, marketing and communications industry.
If you like creating, planning, managing and working in collaborative teams, this communications and media program is for you. Because the advertising industry needs specialized account managers who understand the full scope of the industry, courses will cover areas such as:
- Digital, mobile and social media platforms
- Event marketing
- Direct marketing
- Management of integrated communications plans from inception to final production
Not only will a team of seasoned advertising professionals teach and mentor you as you acquire new skills and confidence for the industry, but you'll also have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to the real world. The Advertising Account Management program at Centennial College is the only post-graduate offering of its kind in Canada that includes a full 14-week field placement in the advertising and marketing communications industry.
During your field placement, you'll obtain knowledge of the day-to-day operations of account management and gain hands-on experience to highlight in your portfolio and on your resume. Many students have been offered full-time or contract positions during their field placement.
- This Account Management program will give you the opportunity to turn your degree or diploma into a practical advertising industry entry point.
- Faculty members have industry experience and can help connect you with the industry by tapping into their network of professional contacts.
- Industry-equivalent computer software and media planning/research systems will be utilized throughout many of your courses.
- An opportunity to work at Tilt, a student-run communications agency, will provide real experience working for real clients while you're in school.
- The Story Arts Centre, where you'll attend your courses, is only 15 minutes from most of Toronto's major advertising agencies.
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau recognizes this program as offering the largest breadth of digital/mobile curriculum.
- The industry-recognized graduate certificate you'll earn once you complete the program reflects a high standard of learning.
To support your learning, this program requires you to have access to a mobile computing device that meets minimum hardware requirements.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|AAM-700||Digital Communication Planning|
|AAM-701||Integrated Marketing Foundations|
|AAM-702||Advertising Research & Analysis|
|AAM-703||Account Management Practices|
|AAM-704||Media for Account Managers|
|AAM-707||Broadcast and Digital Content Production|
|AAM-709||Creative Concept Development|
|AAM-712||Agency Finance and Administration|
|ENGL-700||Professional English Communications|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|AAM-710||Advanced Integrated Marketing|
|AAM-711||Strategic Planning and Consumer Insight|
|AAM-713||Advertising Planning & Campaign Management|
|AAM-714||Advertising Issues and Innovation|
|AAM-715||Digital Production Management|
|AAM-717||Design and Production Fundamentals|
|AAM-718||Digital Measurement and Analytics|
|AAM-719||Digital Landscape II|
|AAM-721||Brand Activations and Experiential|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|AAM-720||Placement (Account Management)|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
Companies that have hired graduates of this School of Communication, Media and Design program include: Agency 59, Anderson DDB, Anomaly, BBDO/Proximity, Canadian Tire, Cossette Communications, Cundari, Draftfcb, J. Walter Thompson, Juniper Park, Leo Burnett, MacLaren McCann, Saatchi & Saatchi, and Young & Rubicam.
Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits, which are assessed by the partner institution.
|Davenport University||Master of Business Administration|
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
- Junior account executive
- Assistant account manager
- Sales promotion specialist
- Direct marketing assistant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience
- English language proficiency
- Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will complete a writing test and questionnaire and submit an up-to-date resume.
- After applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to book the program admission session.
- Students who are accepted into the program will be required to complete an English language assessment upon registration. Students who test below the required COMM 170/171 English proficiency level will take the ENGL-700 Professional English Communications course or the pre-requisite English COMM course for ENGL-700 in the first semester.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on three semesters, beginning Fall 2020.
|Student||Tuition (3 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|