Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
In the Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada ASEP (MAP 32) program, your training covers all of the latest GM vehicle systems, with an emphasis on diagnosis and repair following recommended GM service procedures.
Divided between in-class lessons and on-the-job experience, this transportation program offers the best of both worlds. In this program, you will alternate between the college and your employer for a total of 64 weeks (32 weeks with each).
A large portion of your in-class training involves vehicle electrical and electronic systems diagnosis and repair. You will perfect your technical expertise in electronics and the diagnosing of management systems while training with one of North America's top three automakers and a leader in green technologies. The training you receive on GM's fleet will also further your automotive knowledge.
During in-class sessions, you must successfully complete five courses:
- Motor Vehicle Gear Trains
- Electrical/Electronics and Fuel Systems
- Motor Vehicle Engine Systems
- Applied Work Practices and Procedures
- Suspension/Steering and Brakes
Once you finish the Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada program, you will progress to on-the-job experience and an apprenticeship with your General Motors employer.
- This apprenticeship program, when compared to a traditional apprenticeship, offers more in-depth training and longer in-class training, making you miles ahead of the competition.
- You receive compensation from your General Motors employer during your apprenticeship.
- As an Automotive Service Technician General Motors of Canada student, you may be eligible for employment insurance during the program's in-class portion.
- Upon successful completion of the in-school and in-dealership work assignments, you receive up to 21 GM Dealer Technician training credits.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
- General Motors of Canada
- Service writer
- Service advisor
- Automotive service technician
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or General Educational Development (GED)
Applicants must be employed as automotive apprentices at a General Motors of Canada dealership.
- Applicants must secure employment with a General Motors of Canada dealership and then register as MAP apprentices with the apprenticeship branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Space in the program is limited.
- For additional information, please visit www.gm.ca.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed by General Motors of Canada, please contact Admission Representative Ingrid Joaquin (firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.