Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Our Business Foundations program is an alternate offering intended for students who have applied to enter a program at The Business School, but who may not currently meet the English communications admission requirements. If you are highly motivated to build on your existing English language skills and want to develop your understanding of Canadian business culture and practices, you will benefit from this Business Foundations program's inclusive learning environment and academic supports.
The program includes courses in:
- Microsoft Office
- Canadian and international business practices
- Strategies for business success
Upon successful completion of the two-semester program, you will be eligible to transfer, with credits, to a diploma or advanced diploma business program at Centennial College.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|ACCT-112||Financial Accounting 1|
|ACCT-123||Financial Accounting Concepts|
|BUSN-118||Canadian and International Business Fundamentals 2|
|COMM-162||Foundations 2: Building College Communications Skills|
|COMP-106||Applied Business Software 1|
|FNED-194||Introduction to Psychology: Part 2|
|MATH-119||Mathematics of Finance II|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized attention.
- There is a carefully measured pace to the Business Foundations program delivery that ensures quality learning experiences.
- The program places a strong emphasis on the use of English in a supportive environment.
- Encouraging and experienced professors facilitate the courses.
- Business Foundations courses cover a variety of business-focused subject matter, preparing you for a number of diploma programs.
Completion of the Business Foundations certificate program can help you earn up to six course credits that can be used towards required business courses in other Business School programs, depending on achieved grade levels.
- Preparation for a Business certificate program
- Transfer to a Business diploma
- Transfer to an advanced diploma Business program Articulation Agreements Successful completion of the Pre-Business/Business Foundations program
- with submission of a signed transfer application by Week 3 of Semester 2 guarantees students entry of The Business School Diploma or Advanced Diploma program of their choice. This agreement is subject to space and program availability.
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature applicant status (19 years or older)
- Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the School of Business with English Skills Assessment scores of 141 are offered this program as a foundation to their program of choice. Applicants with assessment scores lower than 141 must consult with a PASS Advisor at the Centre for Academic English.
- Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
Applicants cannot apply directly to this program.
This program is an "Alternate Offer" for applicants who apply to but do not meet admission requirements for a Centennial College post-secondary Business program.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|