This course examines the theories, skills and applications of moral philosophy and is offered to B.Sc.N. students at Centennial College. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Describe and discuss three influential approaches to morality, namely, character ethics, consequences-based ethics, and principle-based ethics.
- Identify, critique, and review their own preferred ethical orientation in relation to these moral bases.
- Recognize these bases in personal and public discourse, and adapt to frameworks other than their own by applying this knowledge.
- Practice the reasoning skills necessary for rational debate in matters of both personal and social morality.
- Confront the important moral issues of today's world with appropriate reasoning skills.