Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Fashion Business and Management program will help you develop the skills and knowledge to become a future business leader in the fashion industry. Courses in this business diploma program are unique to the fashion industry and cover topics such as:
- The design and manufacturing process.
- The evolution of fashion and design and their relationship to designers, producers and retailers.
- Ethical, sustainable and innovative practices for leadership in a global fashion industry.
- Current design trends and technologies to predict sales dynamics for fashion products and services.
- Marketing and retail promotional strategies based on contemporary consumer psychology concepts.
- Creative concepts for fashion products and services.
- Business management fundamentals.
You gain, through practical exercises, a comprehensive understanding of business management practices specific to the fashion industry, which you put to practice in a field placement during the final semester.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- Courses in the Fashion and Business Management program examine all facets of the fashion industry, including accounting fundamentals like budgeting, costing, sourcing and working with manufacturers for garment production.
- You will realize creative potential through practical exercises in class and within a retail setting.
- The activities in the program help you build marketing, promotion and customer service skills.
- You will connect with knowledgeable and industry-experienced faculty within small class environments.
- You will participate in a topical seminar each semester that addresses innovative industry practices.
- The program teaches you to apply the principles of effective management, organization, employee and labour relations to the successful operation of a fashion business.
- The final semester field placement will ensure you gain practical experience and invaluable networking opportunities.
- Retail manager
- Product research and design
- Brand manager
- Production coordinator
- Visual merchandiser
- Fashion director
- Show producer
- Technical designer
- Retail analyst
- Design director
- Events coordinator
- Fashion writer
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
- Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|