Financial and Client Services
Program Code: 2933
School: The Business School
Program Type: Post-secondary program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Progress Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 2280
Centennial College's Financial and Client Services program is ideal if you are looking for quick entry into the job market. It allows you to enter the retail environment in an entry-level position.
Providing a basic orientation to Canadian financial services, this one-year certificate program is geared especially towards employment in a contact call centre environment.
Please note: Upon completion of this offering, you will have the opportunity to transfer into the second semester of the School of Business' Business Finance program (#2483), in which you will gain in-depth financial knowledge and a college diploma in a little more than one year.
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|ACCT-112||Financial Accounting 1||Progress Campus|
|CCP-104||Call Centre Environment||Progress Campus|
|COMM-160/COMM-161||College Communications 1||Progress Campus|
|FINA-230||Canadian Financial Services||Progress Campus|
|MATH-128||Mathematics of Finance I - E||Progress Campus|
|MKTG-116||Principles of Marketing||Progress Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|ACCT-221||Financial Accounting 2||Progress Campus|
|CCP-102||Contact Centre Customer Service and Sales||Progress Campus|
|COMM-170/COMM-171||College Communications 2||Progress Campus|
|COMP-126||Applied Business Software 2||Progress Campus|
|FINA-110||Canadian Investment Funds||Progress Campus|
|FINA-343||Marketing Financial Services||Progress Campus|
|GNED||General Education Elective||Progress Campus|
- Through the Financial and Client Services courses, you will gain a strong foundation in accounting and financial concepts.
- An understanding of marketing and sales fundamentals with an emphasis on telemarketing and the relationship between customer service and consumer behaviour is included in the Financial and Client Services program.
- The hands-on learning you receive at Centennial College's on-campus contact centre lab will allow you to transfer your communication, customer service, keyboarding and financial skills to contact centre operations, one of the fastest-growing industries.
- You will build on the skills you gain through a live, outbound community project.
- Training includes the full Microsoft suite including: Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, Access™ and Outlook™.
- Personal banking officer
- Mortgage specialist
- Personal financial advisor
- Sales agent
- Credit counsellor
- Mutual funds advisor
- Financial services representative
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|