Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Hospitality Foundations program has been specially designed as a pathway to enable international students to enter the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts and then transition into one of its diploma programs.
In the courses of this hospitality certificate program, you'll learn both the core job skills required for the dynamic hospitality industry as well as the language skills to successfully communicate in English with colleagues, employers and guests.
- Smaller class sizes will allow for more individualized attention.
- The pace of the Hospitality Foundations program's delivery will be carefully measured.
- You'll enjoy specially-crafted learning experiences delivered by sensitive and experienced instructors and professors.
- The program will place a strong emphasis on the use of English in all of its aspects.
- Upon successful completion of Hospitality Foundations, you'll be invited to join any program of your choice in the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts.
It’s Your Shift Training and Awareness Program
The program will include an innovative industry training and awareness certification, It’s Your Shift. The certification will equip you with crucial knowledge and provide current resources focused on sexual harassment prevention and safe practices for intervention as a frontline worker or manager. It will support you, as you enter the hospitality industry, to become a leader for the prevention of sexual harassment and contribute to the evolution of safe and welcoming work environments.
Career Options and Education Pathways
Career Options and Education PathwaysPrinter Friendly
- Front desk agent
- Room agent
- Room attendant
Qualified graduates may be eligible to receive transfer credits for pathway programs with partnering institutions. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits, which are assessed by the partner institution.
|Algoma University||Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (also at Brampton Campus)|
|Honours Bachelor of Arts – Finance and Economics (also at Brampton Campus)|
Please visit our website for more information on articulation agreements.
For pathways to other Ontario post-secondary institutions, please view ONCAT.
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature applicant status (19 years or older)
- Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the areas of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, with scores of 140 or 141 on the Centennial College English Skills Assessment, are advised to take this program first as a pathway to their program of choice.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
Applicants cannot apply directly to this program.
This program is an "Alternate Offer" for applicants who apply to, but do not meet admission requirements for a Centennial College post-secondary program in the area of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2021.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|