Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Hospitality Foundations program has been specially designed as a pathway to enable international students to enter the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts and then transition into one of our diploma programs.
In the courses of this hospitality certificate program, you will learn both the core job skills required to work in the dynamic hospitality industry, as well as the language skills to communicate successfully in English with colleagues, employers and guests.
- Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized attention.
- There is a carefully measured pace to the delivery of this Hospitality Foundations program.
- You enjoy specially-crafted learning experiences that are delivered by sensitive and experienced instructors and professors.
- The program places a strong emphasis on the use of English in all of its aspects.
- Upon successful completion of this program, you are invited to join any program of your choice in the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts.
It’s Your Shift Training and Awareness Program
The program includes an innovative industry training and awareness certification – It’s Your Shift. The certification equips students with the crucial knowledge and provides current resources focused on sexual harassment prevention and safe practices for intervention as frontline workers or managers. It will support graduates as they enter the hospitality industry to become leaders for the prevention of sexual harassment and contribute to the evolution of safe and welcoming work environments.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- Front desk agent
- Room agent
- Room attendant
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature applicant status (19 years or older)
- Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the areas of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, with scores of 140 or 141 on the Centennial College English Skills Assessment, are advised to take this program first as a pathway to their program of choice.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
Applicants cannot apply directly to this program.
This program is an "Alternate Offer" for applicants who apply to, but do not meet admission requirements for a Centennial College post-secondary program in the area of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|