Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Please Note: Interactive Media Management is also offered in person.
The heart of Centennial College's Interactive Media Management program is user experience (UX). Through this offering, your ability to design and create meaningful interactive digital experiences will position you to succeed as an interactive media professional.
You'll find this graduate certificate program, facilitated through the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, ideal if you've completed a post-secondary program and wish to apply your skills to a career in interactive media management. If you're passionate about making interactive experiences that "just work", this program is for you.
Your courses will teach you how to plan all elements of an effective interactive digital experience, starting with assessing what your audience needs to accommodate their needs through the interface, its design and the words it contains. You'll also have the opportunity to work on your own project, from concept to prototype.
The interactive digital media industry is changing as mobile and immersion computing becomes more important and prevalent. As such, this collaborative and project-driven college media program will emphasize:
- Digital strategy
- UX design
- Content strategy and planning
- Interactive storytelling
- Digital project management (grant charts, budgets, project planning, agile methodology)
- Researching and surveying the interactive media landscape
You'll learn about the industry and available career options in the early stages of the Interactive Media Management program and complete your learning with a nine-week industry field placement.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|IMMT-711||User Experience Design|
|IMMT-713||Project Management 1|
|IMMT-715||Development Tools 1|
|IMMT-716||Video for Interactive Media|
|IMMT-718||Interactive Media Industry|
|IMMT-719||Introduction to Graphics Applications|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Where do program graduates go? With a combination of creative and practical skills, alumni are well-positioned as the interactive media professionals of the future. Alumni work in all aspects of the interactive media industry both in Canada and internationally.
Some of the Interactive Media Management program's alumni include:
- Angelique Abranches, Interface Architect, Shaw Media
- Christine Hanson, User Experience Architect, Critical Mass
- Guilherme Chee, Interactive Designer at Electrolux (Brazil)
- Jaimie Lerner, Digital Content Producer, Indie88
- Danielle Williams, Web Content Coordinator, The Shopping Channel
- Matthew Flanagan, Digital Content Coordinator, Movie Services at Bell Media
- Miguel Martinez, Pipeline Technical Director, Atomic Cartoons
- Laura James, Digital Content Producer & Strategist; CEO at Mulberry Media Interactive
- Rebecca Milner, Community Manager, OneMethod
- Andrew Rajaram, UX Architect, OneMethod
- In the first semester, you'll gain fundamental skills in analyzing, designing and creating interactive user experiences. As a result, you'll acquire a solid understanding of UX elements with an emphasis on content and audience analysis, UX strategy, wireframing, practical coding, A/V production and management skills.
- You'll spend the second semester working on your own senior project while you apply advanced learning in business, analytics, technology and planning documentation.
- In your third and final semester, you'll learn to pitch and present an interactive media project and polish your entrepreneurial skills before heading out to work in the industry during your field placement.
Successful graduates of this Interactive Media Management program have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits, which are assessed by the partner institution.
Master of Business Administration
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
- Interactive producer
- Digital strategist
- Content strategist
- Social media manager
- Information architect
- Web development
- User experience (UX) designer
- Digital content producer
- Technical director
- Games producer
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience
- English language proficiency
- Submit a letter of interest to the program coordinator
- Attend a program admission session where applicants will learn more about the program
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to submit the letter of interest and how to book the program admission session.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on three semesters, beginning Fall 2019.
|Student||Tuition (3 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|