Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Marketing – Corporate Account Management program will prepare you for an exciting and financially rewarding career as an account manager/sales professional in the business-to-business (B2B), business to Consumer (B2C), government and institutional marketplaces.
In this business graduate certificate program, you'll learn that because today's customers are well informed and expect more customized solutions, account managers must have a solid foundation in all areas of sales, marketing and service. This includes prospecting, networking, relationship building, closing and post-sales activities.
As such, in interactive and practical courses, you'll learn how to put the customer first with an entrepreneurial mindset that adapts to diverse customer needs while you develop and practice skills in:
- Conducting competitive and marketplace analyses that lead to understanding customer needs and behaviours;
- Verbal and written communication;
- Selling and presentation (storytelling and practical methodologies);
- Using analytics and customer relationship management (CRM) tools;
- Business and financial literacy to create compelling customer value propositions;
- Engaging buyers and influencers through digital content and omnichannel marketing;
- Identifying diverse working environments and adapting communication styles to ensure clear and effective communication with buyers;
- Understanding negotiations from the buyer’s perspective;
- Purpose-driven leadership (understanding your motivations and next career steps).
If you're goal oriented, organized, inquisitive and persistent with above average communication skills, consider a career in the industry diverse world of professional sales, account management and many other customer facing roles.
Career Options and Education Pathways
Career Options and Education PathwaysPrinter Friendly
- Thanks to the Corporate Account Management program's hands-on training in the Salesforce CRM platform automation software, you will be able to make a smooth transition into the workplace.
- The Business School professors have extensive experience in sales and account management in the business-to-business settings.
- Interactive learning environments allow you to connect with faculty members and your fellow peers.
- Learn to thrive under pressure and develop excellent interpersonal, listening and oral communication skills.
- Account Manager
- Account Executive
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Representative (Inside/Outside/Commercial/Government)
- Sales Consultant
- Business Development Representative
- Financial Services Representative
- Territory Sales Representative
Start in our Post-graduate Certificate program, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this Marketing - Corporate Account Management program have the opportunity to apply their credits toward further study at the graduate degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits.
|Davenport University||Masters of Business Administration|
|Master of Management|
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
For pathways to Ontario post-secondary institutions, please view ONCAT.
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or partial (minimum 75%) university degree completion and who have a minimum of two years' work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required).
Co-op OptionPrinter Friendly
The co-op option in this program will provide you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while you complete one work term as an employee in the field. This experience not only allows you to put classroom learning into practice, but will also provide valuable contacts for your future career.
To participate in this co-op option, you will need to complete an application process in the first semester. If academically qualified, you may be admitted to the co-op program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the end of semester one
- Successful completion of 100% of semester one courses
- Achieve a minimum grade B (GPA 3.0) in BUSN-702
- Students must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Students who meet the above prerequisites will submit their application for co-op to the Career Services & Co-operative Education department in semester 1
Note: Meeting the minimum co-op program requirements does not guarantee admission into the co-op program.
Co-op Model Route
|Fall Semester Intake|
|Summer||Co-op Work Term|
|Winter Semester Intake|
|Fall||Co-op Work Term|
|Summer Semester Intake|
|Winter||Co-op Work Term|
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.If you have previously attended a full-time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in-person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2021.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|