Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Marketing Research and Analytics program positions you at the forefront of a cutting-edge job market in which organizations have oceans of data available to them, but struggle to make sense of it as marketing becomes increasingly data-driven. As a result, there is a large and growing demand for trained researchers who can harness the power of big data using the latest tools and analytical techniques to uncover new insights and drive businesses forward.
This Business Graduate Certificate program combines advanced courses in marketing research and big data analytics with training on leading commercial technologies and platforms and the opportunity to gain in-demand industry certifications.
This program equips you with knowledge, skills and training in leading business intelligence and marketing research technologies and tools used in the field. They include SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner, Environics Analytics Envision (used to develop comprehensive profiles of selected target markets), SPSS, Tableau (the leading data visualization software), Excel and XL Miner.
Upon graduation, you receive an Ontario Graduate Certificate from Centennial College, plus certificates of recognition from SAS and Environics Canada. In addition, you are put on an accelerated track to earning the Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) designation, the premier credential in Canadian marketing research from the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA).
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|MKTG-719||Marketing Project Management|
|MKTG-742||Marketing Analysis and Planning|
|MKTG-743||Fundamentals of Marketing Research|
|MKTG-744||Computer Applications for Marketing Analytics|
|MKTG-748||Statistics for Marketing Research|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|MKTG-729||Web and Conversion Analytics|
|MKTG-741||Case Analysis and Marketing Metrics|
|MKTG-745||Database Mining and Visualizations|
|MKTG-746||Applications in Marketing Analysis|
|MKTG-749||Research and Analytics - Capstone|
|MKTG-758||Applied Qualitative Research|
|MKTG-759||Applied Quantitative Research|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- The Marketing – Research and Analytics program combines marketing research principles and skills with cutting edge "big data" analytics techniques to equip you with the training required to deliver insights and strategies to help organizations make smarter and more impactful business decisions.
- There is extensive use of learner-centered approaches such as case studies, simulations and project-based learning, with a focus on developing project management, teamwork, analytical thinking, report writing and presentation skills.
- Hands-on learning covers areas such as questionnaire design, data manipulation, quality control, statistical output and program development.
- There is a strong focus on applying marketing research and analytics to strategic marketing decision-making.
- In the second semester, you develop and implement a capstone project that will integrate and apply your learning.
- In addition to market research technologies, you also have access to the full suite of Microsoft products, including Microsoft Excel, XL Miner, Access and PowerPoint.
- Once you graduate, you have the option to take the Comprehensive Marketing Research Exam (CMRE) on campus at Centennial College, which leads to the Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) designation.
Start with a graduate certificate, and continue to a master of business administration through our degree completion partnership. Successful graduates of this Marketing – Research and Analytics program may choose to continue with courses leading to a graduate degree.
|Davenport University||Masters Business Administration - Strategic Management concentration|
- Marketing research specialist or analyst
- Research analyst
- Marketing research and intelligence coordinator
- Market intelligence specialist or analyst
- Customer insights analyst
- Consumer research manager
- Business intelligence analyst
- Market research analytics manager
- Web marketing analyst
- Customer experience analyst
- CRM analyst
- Direct response analyst
- Digital marketing analyst
- Social media analyst
- Data and analytics specialist
- Business analytics specialist
- Loyalty program analyst
- Sales analyst
- Marketing strategy analyst
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- University degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline from a recognized institution
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or partial (minimum 75%) university degree completion and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume
- An assessment of numeracy skills may be requested.
- English language proficiency.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2018.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|