Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The Trades Foundations - Motive Power program will provide you with an opportunity to prepare to meet the English communications assessment entry point for a Motive Power program in the School of Transportation.
You'll learn about a variety of passenger, commercial and heavy duty equipment vehicles through the study of component identification, shop safety practices, tool identification and the use of specialized equipment. The development of sound communication and mathematical skills, within a trade context, will also be emphasized. Throughout the program, you'll be able to apply theoretical knowledge to hands-on, practical work on a variety of training units, vehicles and equipment in a lab environment.
- Trade Foundations will provide an alternate entry offer and academic support if you test below the English assessment level required for a diploma program.
- The program will offer a solid foundation of communication and math skills as well as the motor vehicle knowledge to enhance your academic success when you transfer into a School of Transportation diploma program.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|COMM-163/COMM-162||Foundations 2: Building College Communications Skills|
|FNED-196||Occupational Health and Safety Part 2|
|MATH-131||Mathematics For The Trades 2|
|SINF-121||Service Information Systems|
|TCHE-102||Introduction to Truck, Coach & Heavy Duty Equipment|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Graduates of Trades Foundations proceed to study in one of the following two year diploma programs:
* Motive Power (Automotive) Technician
* Heavy Duty Equipment - Motive Power Technician
* Truck & Coach - Motive Power Technician
Companies Offering Jobs
Graduates of the two year diploma programs are in high demand by all industries using vehicles including:
* automobile dealers and service providers
* construction, mining and trucking industries
* municipalities, transit systems and utilities.
- Transfer to a Automotive program
- Transfer to a Truck and Coach program
- Transfer to a Heavy Duty Equipment program
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent or 19 years or older.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
Applicants cannot apply directly to this program.
This program is an "Alternate Offer" for applicants who apply to but do not meet English assessment level required for a Centennial College post-secondary Transportation program.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and FeesPrinter Friendly
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2019.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Ancillary Fees||Total|