The Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32) program has been designed for existing or new Toyota/Lexus dealer apprentices.
During your time in the Toyota Automotive Service Technician program, you will alternate between in-school lessons and apprenticeship work terms at your Toyota/Lexus dealer every eight weeks — for a total of 32 weeks of schooling and 32 weeks of work placement.
At the School of Transportation's state-of-the-art Ashtonbee Campus facilities, you will:
- Learn from the traditional apprenticeship curriculum and receive additional training on Toyota/Lexus products description, operation, diagnostics and repair.
- Explore electronics and gain further knowledge in diagnosing computerized control systems.
- Gain hands-on practice on Toyota vehicles and components in fully-equipped automotive labs, which gives you an edge when you enter the market.
- Gain the technical skills to embark on a career as an automotive service technician.
Please note: Enrolment for this Automotive Service Technician Toyota program occurs every other year. The next intake will be in 2019.
- In-school training for the Automotive Service Technician Toyota program is delivered in facilities outfitted with tools and cars on which you practice.
- This School of Transportation offering covers an additional eight weeks of material in greater depth than the traditional apprenticeship curriculum.
- You will be eligible for up to $4,000 in various grants and tax incentives.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Companies Offering Jobs
- Automotive service technician
- Service writer
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Development (GED), or equivalent
Applicants must be employed by either a Toyota, Lexus or Scion Dealership.
Applicants must secure employment with a Toyota Canada dealership and then register as an MAP apprentice with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.Notes:
- Space in the program is limited.
How to Apply
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
If you are currently employed at a Toyota dealership, please contact admission representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.