Applicants must be employed by either a Toyota or Lexus Dealership. Applicants must secure employment with a Toyota Canada dealership and then register as MAP apprentice with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
The Automotive Service Technician Toyota TDAP (MAP 32) program has been designed for existing or new Toyota/Lexus dealer apprentices.
During your time in the program, you'll alternate between in-school lessons and apprenticeship work terms at your Toyota/Lexus dealer every four weeks — for a total of 32 weeks of schooling and 32 weeks of work placement.
At the School of Transportation's state-of-the-art Ashtonbee Campus facilities, you'll:
- Learn from the traditional apprenticeship curriculum and receive additional training on Toyota/Lexus products description, operation, diagnostics and repair;
- Explore electronics and gain further knowledge in diagnosing computerized control systems;
- Gain hands-on practice on Toyota vehicles and components in fully-equipped automotive labs, which will give you an edge when you enter the market;
- Gain the technical skills to embark on a career as an automotive service technician.
- Enrolment for this Automotive Service Technician Toyota program occurs every other year. The next intake will be in 2021.
- The official Ministry name for this program is Motive Power Fundamentals.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
- April 26, 2021
- August 29, 2022
- March 27, 2023