416-289-5000, ext. 3850
The Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services (CALCS) provides a range of programs and services aimed to empower students in meeting their wellness goals, accommodation and disability-related needs, and creating a more accessible campus community. Our team of professional psychotherapists, social workers, educators, and staff offer services such as brief, solution-focused psychotherapy, accommodation planning, health and wellness education, group counselling and psychoeducational workshops, adaptive technology, and peer support.
Your First Appointment
Students who are accessing CALCS for the first time are encouraged to attend a walk-in counselling session where you will have the opportunity to meet with a counsellor to discuss your goals, strengths, and needs. During your intake session, you will collaboratively develop a personalized care and success plan, which could include:
- Identifying strategies you can use to enhance and maintain your wellness, including strategies that have worked well for you in the past;
- Discussing functional limitations related to a disability, your strengths, and supports available to ensure equitable access to the Centennial learning environment, such as:
- Learning strategies you can use to enhance your academic success;
- Adaptive technology supports; and/or
- Academic accommodations.
- Peer supports, such as:
- Drop-in peer support (active listening, resource-sharing, referrals, and system navigation);
- Specialized tutoring support and/or peer note-taking for students with disabilities.
- Referral to online tools and resources that can provide same-day supports if you experience elevated distress;
- Participation in group counselling and/or psycho-educational workshops;
- Referral to campus partners who can assist you in addressing sources of stress;
- Referral to community organizations and services that can provide specialized treatment and services in relation to your mental health and disability needs.
As we're offering our services virtually at this time, we encourage students to contact us by booking an appointment online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 416-289-5000 ext. 3850, where our team will be happy to work with you in meeting your wellness and learning goals.