416-289-5000, ext. 3850
Virtual Service Delivery During Facilities Closure
The Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services is offering our full range of services virtually (effective Thursday, March 19), and is committed to continued services for student wellness and accessibility.
You can book an appointment with CALCS using the methods below. We will return all communications within two business days.
- Online (beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020)
- Telephone: 416-289-5000 ext. 3850
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services is not an emergency service, and operates Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. If you are experiencing an immediate crisis, please dial 911. For after-hours, non-emergency health and wellness supports, please contact:
- Good2Talk Helpline: 1-866-925-5454
- Telehealth Ontario: 1 866-797-0000
- International Student Helpline / Online Supports: 1-844-451-9700
- Domestic Student Helpline / Online Supports: 1-877-390-7325
The Centre for Accessible Learning and Counselling Services (CALCS) provides a range of programs and services aimed to empower students in meeting their wellness goals, accommodation and disability-related needs, and creating a more accessible campus community. Our team of professional psychotherapists, social workers, educators, and staff offer services such as brief, solution-focused psychotherapy, accommodation planning, health and wellness education, group counselling and psychoeducational workshops, adaptive technology, and peer support.
Your First Appointment
Students who are accessing CALCS for the first time are encouraged to attend a walk-in counselling session where you will have the opportunity to meet with a counsellor to discuss your goals, strengths, and needs. During your intake session, you will collaboratively develop a personalized care and success plan, which could include:
- Identifying strategies you can use to enhance and maintain your wellness, including strategies that have worked well for you in the past;
- Discussing functional limitations related to a disability, your strengths, and supports available to ensure equitable access to the Centennial learning environment, such as:
- Learning strategies you can use to enhance your academic success;
- Adaptive technology supports; and/or
- Academic accommodations.
- Peer supports, such as:
- Drop-in peer support (active listening, resource-sharing, referrals, and system navigation);
- Specialized tutoring support and/or peer note-taking for students with disabilities.
- Referral to online tools and resources that can provide same-day supports if you experience elevated distress;
- Participation in group counselling and/or psycho-educational workshops;
- Referral to campus partners who can assist you in addressing sources of stress;
- Referral to community organizations and services that can provide specialized treatment and services in relation to your mental health and disability needs.
Come visit CALCS at one of our service locations (offices and hours for walk-in intake services are listed below), or contact us at email@example.com, 416-289-5000 ext. 3850, where our team will be happy to work with you in meeting your wellness and learning goals.
|Campus / Location||Walk-in Schedule|
|Ashtonbee Campus, Room L-104||Check-in for a walk-in session starting at 8:00 am, with our last check-in time taking place at 3:00 pm (Monday – Friday).|
|Downsview Campus, Room 205||Check-in for a walk-in session starting at 12:00 pm, with our last check-in time taking place at 2:00 pm (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).|
|Morningside Campus, Room 190||Check-in for a walk-in session starting at 9:00 am, with our last check-in time taking place at 3:00 pm (Monday – Friday).|
|Progress Campus, Room C1-03||Check-in for a walk-in session starting at 9:00 am, with our last check-in time taking place at 3:00 pm (Monday – Friday).|
|Story Arts Centre, Room 284||Check-in for a walk-in session starting at 10:00 am, with our last check-in time taking place at 3:00 pm (Monday – Friday).|