Library and Web-Based Resources
Library and Web-Based Resources
Learn how the Libraries & Learning Centres are here to support your learning at a distance!
Even though the library buildings are closed, you can still access resources & live support online!
Search the library’s collection of books, e-books, videos and articles. Enter keywords in the Search the Library Collection box for your topic. After searching, use the Full-Text Online filter on the left-hand side to find resources available online.
Contact us through askON, our chat service, or by email at email@example.com for help finding, accessing and evaluating resources for your courses or assignments.
Need help with technology? Having trouble getting started with your classes online? Chat with one of the Libraries’ Peer Technology Mentors.
Find Program, Course and Topic guides that will show you the best resources the library has to offer for your program or course.
Find videos, articles, e-books, and simulations that can help with your learning. These online resources are organized by subject and resource type. Some popular resources include:
- Britannica ImageQuest: Access millions of images including photos, graphics, and icons, all of which are rights-cleared, meaning you can use them in your projects.
- Criterion On-Demand: Stream hundreds of different movies, including contemporary Hollywood films.
- CBC Curio: Access news reports, TV and radio documentaries from CBC and Radio-Canada.
- Kanopy Videos: Find documentaries, independent films, and online courses
- LinkedIn Learning: Access over 3,500 video tutorial courses led by experts.
- Safari IT Books Online: Find eBooks and courses about technology, business and more.
Online modules to help you develop your study, digital, research and writing skills for college success.
Tutoring, Math Services and Learning Strategies
The Learning Centre is offering all its regular services online to support students in online course work. You can still access free peer tutoring, tutor-led learning circles, math drop-in, math learning strategies and academic study skills/learning strategies by making an appointment using the Tutor Booking System.
Click on the following links to find out how to access each service:
- Tutoring: Use Skype Meet Now (up to 4 hours per week)
- Learning Circles: Use Instagram Live (unlimited hours)
- Math Drop-in: Use our Discord channel. No appointments are necessary!
- Learning Strategies (Academic Study Skills or Math): Use Skype Meet Now
Students will need a laptop or desktop computer with audio or a smartphone/tablet with internet access to use the different services. Step-by-step booking instructions for each online service are also available on the Learning Centre website. If you require assistance booking an online appointment or accessing online Learning Centre services, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Online Resources from the Learning Centre
Check out the Learning Strategies guide for general study tips on time management, reading and note-taking, test preparation and more.
The Math Learning Strategies guide includes tips for how to study for math, extra practice questions, math topic tip sheets and more.
Explore the Tips for Online Learning and other resources created by the Learning Centre team.