Library and Web-Based Resources
Library and Web-Based Resources
Learn how the Libraries & Learning Centres are here to support your learning at a distance!
Even though the library buildings are closed, you can still access resources & live support online!
Check out our YouTube Channel to learn more about the help & support available through Centennial College Libraries' & Learning Centres. Don't forget to like & subscribe!
Search the library’s collection of books, e-books, videos and articles. Enter keywords in the Search the Library Collection box for your topic. After searching, use the Full-Text Online filter on the left-hand side to find resources available online.
Contact us through askON, our chat service, or by email at email@example.com, or phone at 416-289-5000 ext. 5400 for help finding, accessing and evaluating resources for your courses or assignments.
Find Program, Course and Topic guides that will show you the best resources the library has to offer for your program or course.
Find videos, articles, e-books, and simulations that can help with your learning. These online resources are organized by subject and resource type. Some popular resources include:
- ACF (AudioCine-Films): Watch films from these studios: Disney, Touchstone, Pixar, Sony, Columbia, Tristar, Screen Gems, Universal, MGM, United Artists, HBO, and more
- Britannica ImageQuest: Access millions of images including photos, graphics, and icons, all of which are rights-cleared, meaning you can use them in your projects.
- Criterion On-Demand: Stream hundreds of different movies, including contemporary Hollywood films.
- CBC Curio: Access news reports, TV and radio documentaries from CBC and Radio-Canada.
- LinkedIn Learning: Access over 3,500 video tutorial courses led by experts.
- Safari IT Books Online: Find eBooks and courses about technology, business and more.
Online modules to help you develop your study, digital, research and writing skills for college success.
The Learning Centre offers many free services to help you succeed in your studies. As a Centennial College student you can:
- Attend peer tutoring, tutor-led learning circles and math workshops to review and practice content taught in class.
- Meet with a Learning Strategist for academic or math study skills to help you study more effectively
- Join the Virtual Study Hall to get school work done in a distraction-free online environment.
If you are a new student taking a math course, access our math advising service to find the available supports for any of your math-related concerns.
Ready to take advantage of the Learning Centre services? Book an appointment now and join the Virtual Learning Centre.
Students will need a laptop/desktop computer or a smartphone/tablet with internet access and audio to use the different services. All services are delivered through Microsoft Teams.
If you require assistance accessing Learning Centre services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Online Resources from the Learning Centre
Check out the Learning Strategies guide for general study tips on time management, reading and note-taking, test preparation and more.
The Math Learning Strategies guide includes tips for how to study for math, extra practice questions, math topic tip sheets and more.
The Learning Portal just launched our new hub called Learning Online. The newest hub of the Learning Portal will help students navigate technology, stay motivated and study smart amid virtual learning. The hub features useful tips, how-to videos and learning strategies so that students can quickly find the resources they need to improve their learning aptitude for online learning. It also houses links to specific resources unique to each college. The Learning Portal team has also developed an inventory of resources for faculty, including several LMS cartridges/packages specifically for learning online.
While Centennial College Libraries spaces remain closed, study space may be available at your local public library. Find out more information about Ontario Libraries open to the public. Space and services may be limited.