Transfer Credit Application for Domestic and International Students
Centennial College’s online Recognition of Prior Learning System lets you apply for Transfer Credit from anywhere with an internet connection. Credits are not automatically granted - you MUST apply using the process below.
Before you begin, it's a good idea to speak with your school advisor or program coordinator to receive program specific Transfer Credit advising. If you are unable to apply for transfer credit, please consider PLAR.
Transfer Credit Process
Sign into myCentennial. You will need your myCentennial username and password.
Select "Student" on the left-hand side.
Select "Student Records."
Select "Apply for Transfer Credit."
Follow the prompts to complete your application.
Submit your application and wait for notification of the decision.
Transfer Credit is not available for the following programs:
- English for Academic Purposes
- Ryerson BScN (students must apply through Ryerson)
- UTSC joint programs (students must apply through UTSC)
- Bridging to University Nursing (COMM courses open for transfer credit)
- Aviation Technician (COMM and GNED elective courses open for transfer credit)
- Aviation Technology (COMM and GNED elective courses open for transfer credit)
While applying, you will be asked to upload an electronic copy (i.e. scanned document or smartphone photo) of the following documents:
- Your official transcript.
- Envelopes containing transcript hard copies can be opened for scanning.
- An electronic transcript can be directly emailed from a postsecondary school to: email@example.com
- Your official course outline/syllabus from the year you took the course.
- If your previous education was completed outside of Canada, you need to submit an International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) post-secondary comprehensive report or a World Education Services (WES) course-by-course report. Please contact your International Admissions Officer for assistance. If you do not have a scanner, you can scan your documents at a Centennial College Resource Centre.
Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French MUST be accompanied by a certified or notarized English translation.
The deadlines to apply for transfer credit can be found on the College Calendar. Some upcoming dates are:
- Fall 2021 semester courses - Sep 3, 2021
- Winter 2022 semester courses - Jan 6, 2022
- Summer 2022 semester courses - May 5, 2022