Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The Automotive Service Technician Honda AHAP (MAP 32) program is for new or existing Acura or Honda dealer apprentices. This will assist your productivity in the shop.
Over the course of eight, four-week blocks, the Automotive Service Technician Honda program, you will spend time at Centennial College's Ashtonbee Campus and at your Acura/Honda dealer for paid apprenticeship work terms.
Not only does the program cover the traditional apprenticeship curriculum, but it also includes extra training on Acura and Honda diagnostics and repair. Using Honda's latest technology, a strong emphasis is placed on electronics and diagnosing of mechanical systems. Additional technical training includes many factory e-Learning modules, and hybrid/alternate fuels systems. , You will apply your knowledge on Acura/Honda vehicles and components in fully-equipped automotive labs, giving you that extra edge.
Popular, safe, innovative and green — it's easy to see why so many automotive service technicians want to work with Honda/Acura.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career OpportunitiesPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
- Honda Motor Company
- Centennial College's Ashtonbee Campus houses state-of-the-art facilities that make up the province's largest transportation training hub.
- With more material covered than in the traditional apprenticeship curriculum, your Automotive Service Technician Honda training puts you ahead of the competition.
- You will be eligible for up to $4,000 in various grants and tax incentives.
To learn more about the industry and apprenticeships, please visit:
- FAQs for apprentices
- Jobs: Trillium Automobile Dealers Association
- Financial incentives for apprentices and employers
- Automotive service technician
- Service writer
- Service advisor
- Service and parts manager
- Automotive manufacturer specialist
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or General Educational Development (GED)
Applicants must be employed by a Honda Canada Inc. dealership.
- Applicants must secure employment with a Honda Canada Inc. dealership and then register as MAP apprentices with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Space in the program is limited.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
You should apply to this program in one of the following ways:
- Apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
- Print the Map Application [PDF] and bring it to enrolment services at Ashtonbee Campus
If you are currently employed by Honda Canada, please contact Admission Representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements.