Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
In the tuition-free Career and College Transition program, you'll get the opportunity to receive help in reaching your goals through academic upgrading. Career and College Transition courses will improve your communication, essential skills and math while you prepare for the Academic and Career Entrance Certificate program (#6820), apprenticeship or employment.
Available soon at the Pickering Learning Site.
The Government of Ontario funds this Employment Ontario program.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- The Career Transition program serves as preparation for skills training courses, apprenticeships, post-secondary (college) programs or employment.
- Courses in the program run in 14 week semesters where you learn in a supportive learning environment.
- You work closely with mentors who help you establish appropriate career and post-secondary goals.
- College Sector Committee for Adult Upgrading
- Community Literacy of Ontario
- Metro Toronto Movement for Literacy
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) entry
- College entry
- Employment preparation
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario resident
- English language proficiency Canadian Language Benchmanrk (CLB) Level 6
- 19 years of age*
*Exceptions may be made to accept learners under 19 years of age.