Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas
Program Code: 6815
School: School of Advancement
Program Type: Certificate program
Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
Location: Ashtonbee Campus
Telephone: 416-289-5000, ext. 7018
In the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas program, you take science subjects such as biology and chemistry, as well as mathematics and communications. This two-semester certificate program prepares you for your future educational and career goals.
The Centennial College Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas courses are for you if you are:
- Considering college programs such as Practical Nursing*, Healthcare Environmental Services Management, Fitness and Health Promotion, Nutrition and Food Service Management, Massage Therapy, Esthetician, and Food Service Worker.
- Exploring a college science program toward your future career goal.
- Acquiring academic admission credentials needed to enter college-level science programs.
- Seeking science courses required for post-secondary programs and have not finished high school or completed science courses.
*Please note: The Practical Nursing program reserves a limited number of seats per intake for domestic Pre-Health Science graduates who meet certain conditions (such as minimum grade point average for the program and minimum grades in specific courses).
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|COMM-160/COMM-161||College Communications 1||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-108||Computers for Health Care Professionals||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-180||Chemistry 1||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-182||Biology 1||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-191||Mathematics 2||Ashtonbee Campus|
|Course Code||Course Title||Location|
|COMM-170/COMM-171||College Communications 2||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GNED||General Education Elective||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-215||Pre-Anatomy and Physiology||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-280||Chemistry 2||Ashtonbee Campus|
|GS-291||Mathematics 3||Ashtonbee Campus|
- Small-sized classes allow for individualized attention.
- You learn through hands-on activities.
- Upon completion of the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas program, with acceptable academic standing, you may be eligible to transfer directly into Centennial College's Practical Nursing and other programs.
- The Practical Nursing program reserves a limited number of seats per semester for domestic Pre-Health Science graduates who meet the minimum grade and course completion criteria of the articulation agreement.
- Admission consideration to programs in Business
- Community and Health Studies
- Engineering Technology and Applied Science
- Hospitality/Tourism and Cultural Arts and Transportation
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- Grade 12 English C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required)
or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U; or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
1. Apply Online
Are you an International Student? Apply directly to Centennial College here.
If you are applying through the Second Career Strategy, please apply at the Employment Training Centre for Second Career (Progress Campus). Second Career Strategy is a funding initiative for those who have been laid-off and are in need of training. For more information go to Second Career Strategy.
If you have previously attended a full time program at Centennial College, you may be eligible for a Program Transfer. Visit Enrolment Services at any Campus for information.
All other applicants must apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at Ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements are sent by email to your personal email account and to your myCentennial email account. Fees statements are not mailed.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.
5. Build Your Timetable (Register for Courses)
Build your timetable (web-register for courses) at my.centennialcollege.ca.
Fall registration begins mid-July
January registration begins mid-December
May registration begins mid-April
Your web-registration will not open if:
You have not submitted your minimum fee payment by the deadline
You received a Conditional Offer of Admission and you have not met the conditions of your offer.
Once you have paid your fees or have made appropriate arrangements, register for your courses online through myCentennial.
Fees noted below are estimates only. Tuition is based on two semesters, beginning Fall 2017.
|Student||Tuition (2 Semesters)||Incidental Fees||Total|