Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
Centennial College's Truck and Coach Pre-Apprenticeship is a transition step to finding an apprenticeship.
During the tuition-free, Government of Ontario-funded offering, you'll prepare to work in the trucking industry, earn Level 1 apprenticeship training, receive assistance in finding a short-work placement and get on-the-job experience in Canada.
The Truck and Coach Pre-Apprenticeship program, which Centennial College's School of Transportation facilitates, will be presented in three phases:
- Phase 1 - Introductory Skills: Running for 12 weeks (March-June), this phase will include preparation for truck and coach training, job readiness skills, workplace communications, technical writing and mathematical skills required for the transportation field.
- Phase 2 - Technical Skills: Taking 12 weeks (June-August) to complete, this will be the Truck and Coach Technician Level 1 training portion of the program, which will cover engines, fuels, electrical, suspension, steering, powertrain, brakes and a course called Introduction to Parts Technician.
- Phase 3 - Work Placement: Twelve weeks (September-November) in total, during this phase you'll apply your skills to a workplace.
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
|Course Code||Course Title|
|PRCV-110||Work Placement Term|
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
- As part of your School of Transportation training, you obtain communication and mathematical upgrading and job readiness skills that are industry specific.
- In-school training at the School of Transportation is delivered in state-of-the-art facilities in Ontario's largest transportation training hub.
- Within 37 weeks, you complete requirements for both in-school apprenticeship curriculum Level 1 and paid work placement.
- You enjoy paid work placement opportunities with a reputable automotive shop.
- Transition step to finding an apprenticeship
- Preparation for working in the trucking industry
- Earn Level 1 Technician training
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- You must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain an Ontario apprenticeship
- Write an assessment test facilitated by Centennial College
- Attend an interview (by invite only, based on assessment results)