Program OverviewPrinter Friendly
The Canadian Tire Automotive Service Technician program is a four-week block offering that will teach you the traditional apprenticeship curriculum. For a total of 64 weeks, as you acquire all the skills to succeed, you'll alternate between in-school college training in an interactive environment and your Canadian Tire employer (32 weeks with each).
- You'll receive compensation from your Canadian Tire employer during your apprenticeship and be eligible for employment insurance during the program's in-class portion.
- If you're coming from far away, you may have access to travel allowance.
- Centennial College School of Transportation automotive programs are well-known and highly respected throughout the industry.
- March 30, 2020
- April 27, 2020
- March 29, 2021
Program OutlinePrinter Friendly
Career Options, Academic Pathways and Partners
Career Options, Academic Pathways and PartnersPrinter Friendly
Companies Offering Jobs
- Canadian Tire
- Automotive Service Technician
- Service and parts manager
- Service advisor
- service writer
- automotive manufacturer specialist
Admission RequirementsPrinter Friendly
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Development (GED) or equivalent.
If you are currently employed by a Canadian Tire dealer, please contact Admission representative, Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242), for start dates and admission requirements. Priority for this program is given to Canadian Tire employees.
- Applicants who are not currently employed by Canadian Tire will have to gain employment in a Canadian Tire service department to be admitted into the program.
- Applicants who are not currently employed by Canadian Tire can be assisted in securing an interview with a Canadian Tire service manager to try and gain employment. Please contact program coordinator Steve Tzakas, firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and the location of three Canadian Tire stores forfurther assistance.
How to Apply
How to ApplyPrinter Friendly
Applicants may apply for this program in one of the following ways:
If you are currently employed by a Canadian Tire dealer, please contact Admission representative Ingrid Joaquin (email@example.com, 416-289-5000, Ext. 7242) for start dates and admission requirements. Priority for this program is given to Canadian Tire employees.
If you are not currently employed by a Canadian Tire dealer, you may apply directly to Centennial College online at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/map/
If you wish to apply to other programs at Centennial College in addition to Automotive Service Technician- Canadian Tire, you may apply online at Ontariocolleges.ca. A non-refundable application fee of $95 must accompany applications. The fee is payable online, by telephone, online banking, by mail, or in person to Ontariocolleges.ca. For more information go to Ontariocolleges.ca Application Fees.
2. Submit Documents
Current Ontario high school students and graduates from Ontario high schools: Notify your guidance counsellor that you have applied to college and your school will forward transcripts to Centennial College via Ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of college/university, or high school outside Ontario but within Canada: You are responsible for requesting that your educational institute sends any required documents and transcripts to Ontariocolleges.ca.
Applicants who attended school outside of Canada: If you are submitting transcripts to meet admission requirements, you must have the transcripts assessed by an independent credential assessment agency such as World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS).
For more information go to Submitting your Transcripts.
3. Confirm Your Offer of Admission
Offers of Admission are sent by mail to eligible applicants. When you receive your offer, you must login to your account at ontariocolleges.ca and confirm before the Deadline to Confirm noted in your offer letter.
You may confirm only one college and one program offer at a time.
You must confirm your offer by the Deadline to Confirm noted in your Offer of Admission letter or your seat may be given to another applicant.
When you confirm your Offer of Admission at Centennial College you are given access to your personal myCentennial account where you can check your email, grades, register for courses, pay tuition fees, and see your class timetable.
4. Pay Fees
Centennial fees statements for applicants to Modified Apprenticeship Programs (MAP) are sent by mail.
You must make a minimum payment by the Fees Deadline noted in your Fees Statement or your seat may be given to another applicant.