You may also be interested in the Flexible, Online Hybrid or In-Class options:
Bridging to University Nursing - IEN is a two-semester program for internationally educated nurses who must fill theoretical or practical gaps in their learning, as identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). This graduate certificate program is also accessible to domestic graduates who require an updated education or practice to reinstate their registration as a nurse with the CNO.
The curriculum of this nursing program is based on the CNO's Standards of Practice for Nursing and Entry to Practice Competencies for Ontario Registered Nurses. Its aim is to provide a solid foundation for nursing practice by focusing on ethics and professional practice, health assessment, skill mastery, and caring for clients with acute and chronic illness. An emphasis on caring for individuals, groups and communities in acute care, mental health and community settings will add an exciting and unique aspect to this health care program.
To ensure you're prepared for the field, this School of Community and Health Studies program will provide you with opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in clinical settings under the direction, facilitation and guidance of faculty.
When you complete the Bridging to University Nursing program, you'll have the ability to:
- Apply general skills that will facilitate the practice of nursing, ongoing learning and self-development, including effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate scholarly writing;
- Apply decision-making models that reflect critical thinking and self-reflection;
- Appropriately assess knowledge using research outcomes;
- Acquire basic technological literacy skills;
- Understand self and society and its institutions to assume a role as a responsible citizen;
- Practice from a primary health care perspective with multicultural client populations;
- Provide nursing care to clients in complex health care situations.
- fulfill your requirements as identified by the CNO
- The Bridging to University Nursing program does not accept transfer credits for ANY Nursing courses obtained through your Practical Nursing (PN) education. Communication courses taken during PN education may be accepted. This post-diploma specialty program is designed to build on prior learning obtained through your PN program.
- This program is designed to fulfill your CNO Competency Gaps or Return to Safe Practice Requirements Only. This program does not enable you to apply to Ryerson University’s post diploma BSCN program.
- The clinical placements will be offered within Great Toronto Area. By applying to the program, you agree to have clinical placement in Great Toronto Area.