The Community and Child Studies Foundations program will provide you with an academic pathway for pursuing a career in the community services or child studies field.
In this college certificate program's courses, you'll develop a thorough understanding of the personal and professional requirements of the varied careers available in community services and child studies.
While engaging you in reflective practice to facilitate professional skills development, this program will enhance your communication competence in all language strands. You'll also have the opportunity to develop academic and professional skills and attitudes that will facilitate success in your program of choice.
Upon successful completion of Community and Child Studies Foundations, you'll be well-prepared to apply to your diploma program of choice in the community and child studies areas.
Please note: This program is taught using a combination of modalities. Courses may be delivered face-to-face, online, or in a blended/hybrid combination of both online and traditional classroom teaching.
- Class sizes are small (under 30 students per class).
- You'll participate in eight hours of English each week.
- Opportunities will exist for career exploration in community and child studies.
- There is an intensive and engaging peer mentoring program.
- You'll learn strategies to become a master student.
- You'll earn two transfer credits to diploma programs (COMM 162/163 and GNED).