In the event of an explosion (such as a chemical or equipment explosion or a downed aircraft (crash)) on College property take the following action
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects, which will give protection against glass and debris.
- After the effects of the explosion or fire have subsided, from a safe location notify the Campus Security by calling Ext. 2020 and call 911
- If it is safe to do so evacuate the area or building
- Assist persons with disabilities in exiting the area. See Evacuation Procedures for People with Disabilities for further details
- Do not use elevators
- Once outside move to a clear area that is at least 200 meters away from the affected area
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary